Sometimes you just need a snack. We were in some intense game playing of backgammon and I did not want to break to make something large for dinner. Plus we had these beautiful peppers…..so I came up with this easy to make treat.
- 6 jalapeño peppers cut lengthwise seeded and viened
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 can chicken drained
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon bacon grease ( I keep a jar in the refrigerator )
- 1/4 teaspoon minced roasted garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Penzey’s Northwoods seasoning ( or something of your favorite spice)
Heat oven to 400. Add everything but peppers in a bowl. With the back of a folk mush together until thoroughly blended and creamy like. Arrange pepper halves on cookie sheet. Take chicken mixture and shape pepper cavity size, filling each half, packing it in. Use all the mixture for the twelves pieces. Bake for 20 minutes. Move to broiler area and broil for 5-10 minutes until brown on top.
That’s it. Serve plain or if you must with a dipping sauce.
As always we hope you enjoy.