Spring is here and that means grass is growing. All kinds of grass, the kind you mow to the kind you pull and even the kind you eat. Commonly know as asparagus. Having a mighty fine patch of grass means picking daily. In a short time you have enough for several meals during the week.
I don’t know about you but I can get tired of eating something the same way over and over again. I found this recipe and tweaked it a bit. It turned out so good I could have devoured the entire pan that night.
- A bunch of grass rinsed and tough bottoms removed
- 2 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- A shake or two of garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
- Shallow baking dish
- Plastic bag or large bowl
Heat oven to 350, place grass in bowl or bag. Add oil and close bag, mix around with hands. Open bag and add seasoning and bread crumbs, mix again. Add almost all the cheese, holding back a few tablespoons. Pour mixture into baking dish. Sprinkle remaking cheese over the top and bake for 25- 35 minutes. Depending on how crisp you like it.
As always we hope you enjoy.