LouAnn this is for you. 😜 this lady is always telling me how much she dislikes kale. However I think if she gave this recipe a try she could have a different take on this green leafy vegetable. When you have a bunch of something being creative is a challenge. We were having tacos and I wanted to use some more of the wonderful kale we had purchased the other day. I do have to say it was pretty tasty.
- 5-6 clean kale leaves, stems removed and chopped
- 1 can drained whole kernel corn
- 4 hatch chiles roasted, skinned and chopped or one small can ( about 1/2 cup )
- 1 cup grated jack cheese plus a little more to sprinkle on top (about a handful)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 large tablespoon finely chopped onion (optional)
Heat oven to 350. Coat a covered baking dish so food does not stick. In a medium bowl add all ingrediants stir well. The corn will want to settle on the bottom. Mix so everything is coated. Pour into baking dish, sprinkle jack cheese on top. Cover and bake for 30 minutes. You can remove the lid the last five minutes or so. Serve hot but this is good cold too.
As always we hope you enjoy