Kale is the green of choice these days…..so many recipes and ways to eat it. Dried, boiled, fried, baked, and in a salad are just a few. I have several recipes for a salad however this one is a favorite. Light, flavorful, and easy….what else can you ask for?
- 1-2 bunches of kale. Remove stems and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup soy sauce. Aka bug juice
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seed oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 big tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 3 oranges juiced
- Zest from 1/2 orange
After cutting kale into pieces blanch in boiling water for 2 minutes. Put into an ice bath for a few minutes and then drain, gently squeeze water out if necessary.
In measuring cup, place bug juice, oranges juice, sesame seeds, all the zest and grates. Mix well.
After kale is cooled and drained well put the kale in a bowl. Pour dressing over the top and stir, refrigerate for an hour and serve with you meal.
As always we hope you enjoy