Sometimes I am in a hurry, coming up with a meal in a short amount of time can lead you to cooking the same old thing or going out and not eating very healthy. With summer here, produce is abundant and this time of year is CHILE TIME. Hatch chiles can be located now almost everywhere in the states. Fresh or canned, even frozen top all other flavors. With that being said….time to make dinner.
- 1 over sized zucchini, sliced lengthwise, seeded and an inch cut off each end.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef, chopped chicken would do as well. Fully cook and drain if needed.
- 1 clove smashed garlic
- Teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon espazote seasoning
- Small amount of chopped onion or some onion powder about a teaspoon
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz
- 4 chiles, roasted seeded and chopped, or 1 small can or 1/2 cup frozen hatch chile mild to medium. I have extra on the side for me. 😋
- 1 can whole corn drained, or in this case I had some leftover ears, remove kernels and added to mixture.
- 1-2 cups jack or Colby grated cheese
Time……not enough tonight, so I cheated a bit…..start by heating oven to 350. Brown meat…..Then I sliced the zucchini long way in half. Remove the ends and the seeds. If needed cut some of the small end off so it fits on a microwave proof plate. Place them upside down on the plate in the microwave, before cooking add some water to the plate. Cook 5 minutes on high while the meat is cooking. After meat is done and drained add the rest of ingrediants except the cheese. Cook for ten minutes to blend flavors. Grate the cheese.
After everything is cooked place zucchini in a shallow baking dish, flesh side up. Spoon meat mixture inside, heaping high, top with cheese. Place in oven and add about 1/2 cup water to the baking dish. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Careful taking pan out, the water can spill out. Remove zucchini onto serving plate and eat. 😍
As always we hope you enjoy