Now you have to understand we love vegetables, it is just John loves his cooked to death and I like my in the semi crunchy stage. When it comes to green beans there is no difference. John likes his the old fashion way….with bacon slices and onions cooked for an hour or more….more as in lots more is good for him. So I make mine separate from his. Fresh green beans are wonderful to eat and go with any meal. Try these added herbs and feel the flavors pop in your mouth. Fresh herbs are great but the dried ones work just as well
- A bunch of fresh green beans washed and ends cut off, cut in half
- Olive oil….about a tablespoon
- A teaspoon of crushed dried mint or a few leaves of fresh mint finely chopped
- A teaspoon of dried dill or about a teaspoon of fresh chopped very fine maybe a bit more
- 1 clove garlic smashed and chopped
- Some salt
Heat oil in skillet, add prepared green beans and toss, cook about five minutes, add herbs and garlic. Cook another 5 minutes and they should be done. If you like your green beans a bit more done then cook them on a medium to low heat for no more than 15 minutes more. You want them on the crunchy side.
As always we hope you enjoy.