Earlier I posted a version of green chile venison. I changed up this batch and we think this one is better than before. A bit more robust in flavors…..truthfully you can not stop eating it.
- Crock pot
- 1 can beef broth
- 1/2 onion
- 1 teaspoon ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1 tablespoon oil plus one more tablespoon
- Some salt
- 1 clove garlic smashed or chopped
- 10 hatch chiles……roasted, peeled and diced…..or canned chiles would work too.
- Venison roast…..I use a hunk of shoulder or hindquarters for this
- Garlic salt
Heat skillet and add 1 tablespoon of oil, quickly brown meat on all sides, during browning sprinkle some garlic salt on the meat, not too much though. While doing this add broth to crock pot, garlic and spices….stir. After meat is seared add meat to crock pot, mix a bit, then add oil, onion and chiles, roll everything so some chiles and onion stay on top and the rest are mixed in. Cook on high for 4 hours then low the rest of the time. If you go to work, cook on low and when you get home turn it to high before serving. Shred meat for tacos, burritos, tostadas…..
As always we hope you enjoy.