Why not? Who says you have to make it with chicken…..I love veggies and sometimes a meatless dish is the way to go. The amounts make enough for two and lunch the next day.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 large onion chopped into hunks
- 1 of each: green, yellow, orange and red peppers chopped into hunks.
- A small package of mushrooms sliced…I like to slice my own
- 1 teaspoon oregano ……maybe a little less
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme……..not a heaping teaspoon a level one
- Salt to taste
- Garlic salt…about a teaspoon as well. Or garlic powder
- 1 normal can tomato sauce I am thinking 7 oz
- 1 normal can tomatoes hunked, diced, or whatever the can says….no salt is the best
Heat oil in the pan add all the vegetables and sautee, for a few minutes. Add herbs and salt, the add tomato products. Stir and put a lid on it for about 15 to 20 minutes on a simmer.
Serve with rice or some good sour dough bread.
As always we hope you enjoy.